Our Chiropractic Center Answers Your Headache and Migraine Questions
If you're plagued with headaches or migraines in Brentwood or Franklin TN, you may be asking, "Why me -- and what can I do about this?" Here are some enlightening answers to frequently asked headache/migraines questions from Premier Family Chiropractic.
- What is a tension headache? A tension headache is usually the result of muscular tension in the shoulder or neck muscles. When muscles such as the RCPM muscle experience spasms, they tug on sensitive membranes to produce pain signals in the head.
- Why would I be prone to recurring tension headaches? Recurring tension headaches often indicate chronic musculoskeletal strain. While the tightness may be caused or worsened by emotional stress, it may also be due to a cervical misalignment that throws the weight of your head off balance.
- Why do migraines occur? Migraines have always been something of a puzzle, but researchers now believe that abnormal levels of serotonin cause nerve signals that produce changes in the cranial blood vessels to set off a migraine attack.
- What are the common migraine symptoms? A typical migraine might produce a splitting headache, nausea, blurred vision (or visual oddities such as "auras"), dizziness or fainting, and hypersensitivity to sounds or lights.
- What is triggering my migraine attacks? Migraines can be triggered by a distressingly large number of factors. These can include specific foods or beverages, medications, allergens, airborne irritants, weather changes, hormonal problems, lights, sounds, and physical or emotional stress.
- How does chiropractic care relieve headache issues? Chiropractic care can correct misalignment issues that cause your head to sit unevenly on your spinal column. By straightening your upper cervical alignment, our Brentwood TN chiropractor can take chronic strain off of your neck and shoulders.
- Is chiropractic care effective for migraines? Chiropractic care has indeed been shown to be highly effective for reducing both the frequency and severity of migraine attacks. In one study, 49 percent of the participants experienced significant migraine relief from chiropractic adjustment, while 22 percent reported a reduction of 90 percent or more in the frequency of their migraines. By normalizing your nerve function, we can reduce some of the abnormal responses that lead to migraines.
- What other kinds of treatment options can you provide for my headaches or migraines? Our Brentwood TN chiropractor can provide a multi-modal, customized treatment plan for your specific needs. Massage therapy is extremely helpful for relaxing muscles in the neck and stopping those painful spasms. Massage also eases the stress that often triggers migraine attacks. Toxicity analysis and toxin removal can rid your body of substances that might include known migraine triggers, while nutritional counseling helps you avoid those triggers going forward.
Get the Answer to Your Discomfort in Brentwood and Franklin TN
Premier Family Chiropractic has the answer to your nagging headache pain and migraine symptoms in Brentwood or Franklin TN. Call our chiropractor at (615) 661-4101 to schedule an initial consultation and evaluation!